Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Wrapup

Let's get to it!

***
This week's book is "The Oregon Trail" by Rinker Buck.  Um, does anyone else remember playing this game in elementary school? I loooooved this game. But I was always so bummed out when one of my horses would die and then my family would start to die off because we got some weird Old Timey disease that's probably coming back soon because we don't vaccinate our kids anymore.

But, then again, I loved dressing up in old-timey clothes every chance I got. And in my mind, I was wearing these outfits while playing The Oregon Trail during indoor recess:










CB also got in on the fun. We were destined to be old together.




Anyway, check out the blog here! Plus, my dad totally calls out CB, who's a reading machine and NEEDS TO BLOG MORE. ("Hi, pot? It's kettle. You're black." I know, I know.) 

***

I've been sick all month. Like, I usually exaggerate for effect and stuff, but this is no exaggeration. AND SO, I've been watching a lot of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." I'm not saying I'm proud of this, I'm just giving you a glimpse into my world when I'm on antibiotics and feverish.

I may have also tried giving myself cheekbones - ala Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe - and ended up looking sort of like someone smeared mud on my face and walked away.

Anyway.

While I was watching the other day, CB found himself in the unlucky position of being in the room.

And then we had this conversation:

Me: "Which one do you think is the prettiest?"
CB, without hesitation: "The short one."
Me: "Kourtney?"
CB: "Sure."

Silence.

Me: "Do you think Kim is good looking?"
CB: "Eh, I mean, she's attractive, but she has this reputation of being smoking hot and I don't get it. I mean, maybe back ten years ago it was novel or something, but she's nothing like everyone makes her out to be. There are girls way better looking than her."

Silence.

CB: "I mean, you - "

Now let me stop you guys right here, before I share the rest of this conversation. As CB was talking, he was gesturing towards me and immediately in my mind I was like 'Oh my God, he's about to say that I'm prettier than Kim Kardashian.' Which is not, like, my goal in life. BUT it was a moment of feeling all mushy towards CB because he's so clearly blinded by love that he may possibly find his wife more attractive than a woman who broke the internet by showing the world her butt.

Ok, let's continue:

CB: "I mean, you pass women who are much better looking than her every day in the city on your way to and from work."
Me: "Um, I hate you."
CB: "What?"
Me: "I actually thought you were about to say that I was prettier, in your eyes. But then you said that I pass prettier people than her everyday. Which is true, don't get me wrong! But I actually just had the fastest love/hate relationship with you of all time."
CB, laughing: "Well of course you're-"
Me: "NOPE! Don't even try, the moment has passed. I'm not mad, I agree with you! But it was funny how quickly my narcissistic mind went from you thinking I'm prettier than Kim Kardashian to being like 'ooooooooooooooooooooooh that's not even close to what he's saying'."
CB, still laughing: "Oh man, somehow I can still get in trouble without even saying I think Kim Kardashian is hot! Incredible."
Me: "Yes, incredible."

***

And now, the Video of the Week.

I love Sara Bareilles, this is not news. Earlier this week, I actually had a "Becky Confrontation" with someone I see all the time (it's sort of "confrontation-lite", if you will, since I HATE confrontation but have been standing up for myself/surprisingly vocal lately. CB calls it "Mama Bear Becky.")  and then this morning I heard this song. And it seemed fitting! So, enjoy! Happy Friday!




1 comment: