Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Our Friends and Family Hate Us: Noted.

So in the last 24 hours, I've received two text message chains that confirm for me that, apparently, our friends and family actually not-so-secretly hate us.

Here's the first one:

Last night, I get a text from CB's cousin - who also happens to be standing up in our wedding, might I add - with a simple little smiley halo guy. I was like "Did you just send me a smiley halo?" and he said "Yep" and I was thinking that was a little strange, but also thought maybe he was just feeling sentimental about the wedding. Aw.

Cut to:

Me: "Matt just sent me a text of a smiley halo."
CB: "He did? It wasn't an accident?"
Me: "No, I even double-checked. I guess he was just being nice!"
CB: "Hmmm, that doesn't seem like him. Something's up."

Me, checking Facebook to find this video tagged with my name:





Me: "I hate your cousin."
CB: "Yeah, that seems about right." 

And then this text exchange happened:




Me: "Like I don't have anything else going on in the next few days? Now I have to pour a bucket of ice water over my head? Can't I just donate?"
CB: "That will never fly with Matt. Should we do it now?"
Me: "Absolutely not, I'm alphabetizing 172 name cards right now!"
CB: "You're gonna have to do it, you know."
Me, grumbling: "I know. And I hate him."
CB: "He knows. And he loves it."

Uninvited.

***
And here's the second: 

This morning I awoke to this text from our friend and neighbor upstairs: 


Uh, just in case you don't feel like clicking over to that link, I'll nutshell it for you: an American man's body was found in a suitcase in Bali at a resort town just south of where CB and I will be staying in approximately one week. 

Me, showing the text to CB this morning as we got ready for work: 

CB: "What?? Why is he showing us that now?"
Me: "I think he just wants us to be safe and aware."
CB, laughing: "But it's not like we're still deciding where to go, that ship has sailed! You know when that would've been useful? 6 months ago!"
Me: "Well, if you promise not to get into any suitcases, I make the same promise and we'll hope for the best."
CB: "Deal."

Happy Wednesday! 


2 comments:

  1. Dude. Your friends and family kind of suck :)

    If it makes you feel better, my dad complained up to the day of the wedding that our wedding was on the wrong day and it was really stupid that we had it on the day we had it and on and on and on.

    But a body in a suitcase is worse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say what Pattie said. The woman was from Oak Park, not far from where I live. Poor lady! You and CB will be just fine! Happy wedding day tomorrow! I wish you many many years of happily wedded bliss and beautiful healthy babies! Congrats and enjoy the ride!! :) --Amanda

    ReplyDelete