Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Wrapup

Let's get to it!

***

This week's book is "The Presidents Club" by Nancy Gibbs & Michael Duffy. I actually think that CB would love this (having not yet read it myself) based upon the review and sounds like something I and a bunch of you would dig, too! Click here to read more about it and peruse the site for other inspiration!

Um, and thank you to my dad for posting because he knows even when I'm not sitting cat-vigil, I'm only 50/50 on posting in a timely fashion on the book blog. Thanks, dad!

***

"The Mindy Project" finally comes back next week, you guys! (if you're not watching it, how are we friends?) CB is somehow containing his excitement by not talking about it at all and refusing to watch anymore YouTube video montages I send him of the obvious love between Mindy and Danny.

However, you have not been burdened with living with me, so all I can say is that you're lucky I don't have all of your email addresses or you'd have to quit your jobs to watch the more-than-friendship love between the two of them that I'd send you approximately every 1.5 hours.


***

So last night a commercial came on TV for Build-a-Bear Workshop. And then this conversation happened.

Me: "Please don't ever make me go to a Build-a-Bear Workshop with our kids."
CB: "Have you ever met me?"
Me: "I know. But you're really good at, like, being selfless and doing things because you think kids would like it, even if you don't, necessarily."
CB: "Yeah, but kids are easily manipulated."
Me: "God we're going to be awesome parents."
***

And now, the video of the week. Which, I must say, came in no way from CB. Because last night I was like "What should tomorrow's video of the week be?" and then CB sat there staring at puzzle pieces (which isn't weird since we were doing a puzzle) and was like "Hmmm, let me think on it." And then we never spoke of it again.

So, in honor of the newest little member of  our (my soon-to-be) family, welcome to the world, lil' Cam!





No comments:

Post a Comment